From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:43:41 -0400

I received this list of gluten free menu items from Denny's.  Please note
that some foods are cooked on a grill with buns, etc.  Also, some Denny's
have dedicated fryers for potatoes and some do NOT.  So, it's necessary to
talk to the wait-staff concerning cross-contamination issues, e.g. ask for a
clean fry pan for an omelet.

The list of GF items is below.  I also have the following list in both word
and lotus notes format.  Send me email if you'd like me to send you one of
those files.

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore
____________________________

Denny's Gluten Free Menu Items

This Information Has Been Prepared For  Persons Who
Must  Restrict Gluten In Their Diets.
These are food items that according to manufactures ingredient listing
provided to Denny's and found to be free of gluten and gliaden, and products
containing them such as soy sauce, unspecified food starches and vegetable
proteins.
         Revised  June 2003

Entree/Salads
Eggs/Omelets                           Beef  Patty
Corned Beef Hash        Turkey Breast Meat (used in turkey dinners)
Bacon                                Tuna (plain)
Side Garden Salad                      Sliced/Shaved Ham  Deluxe Garden
Salad  (plain tuna unless can tolerate distilled vinegar in Mayonnaise &
pickles)
        you may ask for plain  tuna
    on your salad.

Cereals
Grits   Oatmeal [for those who feel they can tolerate]

Sides/ Sauces
Applesauce      Cottage Cheese
Fresh Fruit     Hashed Browns
Salsa                 Baked Potato
Olives                *Regular French Fries
Corn in Sauce   Mashed Potatoes/Cheese
Carrots in Sauce        Pinto Beans (at select restaurants)
Peas in Sauce   Black-eyed Peas (at select restaurants)
Spaghetti Sauce Green Beans (rinse off sauce)
Tartar Sauce    Tomato Slices
Queso Sauce
 *Please verify that dedicated fryers are used for french fries before you
order.

Miscellaneous
Butter  Liquid & Whipped Margarine (used on grill with eggs, omelets,
grilled &  toasted  buns & breads)
American Cheese Monterey Jack Cheese
Swiss Cheese    Cherry Flavoring
Cheddar Cheese  Strawberries
Cottage Cheese  Maraschino Cherries
Cream Cheese    Pancake/Waffle Syrup
Honey                 Cranberry Sauce
                      Strawberry, Grape, Mixed Fruit Jelly

Beverages
Grapefruit Juice        Milk- all except buttermilk
Orange Juice    Hot Chocolate
Tomato Juice    Raspberry Tea
Lemonade        Coffee
Sprite                 Tea