From:
Anderson's <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anderson's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:59:56 -0600

Hi List-

I've been doing a lot of research, and I have come across a very compelling
theory that carbohydrate intolerance  can be the cause of inability to heal
in celiac disease. Because we have run the gamut of tests on my son, given
him all the "right" meds, and he is still not improved, I wonder if this is
the reason? Although he has been lactose-free for some time, I have come
across some info that any complex carb can hinder improvement.

Just wondering if any of you have tried the Specific Carbohydrate Diet? If
so, did you notice great improvement? I thought that since my son had been
on Neocate (medical formula) and didn't improve, nothing would help.
However, looking at the nutritional info on that-- it is 42% carbohydrates.
So, before I take on the task of both a GF and SC diet, I want to see if any
of you have tried it?

Thanks for your help,
Richelle in UT