From:
arline black <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
arline black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:58:49 +0000

For a month I have had a bladder infection and was prescribed Tequin for
seven days and then 21 days.
After the first seven days the doctor told me I needed to see a urologist
because obviously I had a problem. (I haven't had a bladder infection in
about three years). (I don't think that justifies going to a urologist.

He did however prescribe another 21 days of Tequin.  It isn't helping. This
is the 14th day and it isn't really working. Then he left a message with the
office girl to tell me I needed to find a urologist. I told her I needed a
new antibiotic  until I can get an appontment with the urologist, whoever
that is supposed to be. His office girl called in Macrodantin. It contains
gluten. The next message he left was to say that there isn't anything that
he can prescribe me that doesn't either have gluten or sulfa. He left about
four messages that tol dme to go to a urologist. Losing all patience, and
the office girl also, who will never speak to me again,  I asked if I were
just supposed to die of a bladder infection. (When I am defeated I revert to
childhood). She said that she would call the doctor again. Finally she spoke
to the other doctor who by now was in the office, and they talked to a
compounding pharmacy who didn't know what to do either and they all put
their heads together and decided that I can take Macrodantin because it
doesn't have much gluten in it. I did suggest that the fact that the doctor
wouldn't call me as being rather bizzarre. (either doctor) She said I didn't
ask to have them call. (I think I will take a nap and think about my good
qualities) ~:O).

I don't want to take Macrodantin and  I don't want to do antibiotics until I
see the urologist I just found  next Thursday. Does it really have to be
this hard.?

Please tell me it isn't true that there is no antibiotic I can be prescribed
that is gluten and sulfa free for a bladder infection.

Thank you for whatever you can say to help answer this question. I have
looked all over the internet and have found gluten free antibiotics but I
don't know if they have sulfa in them or not.

Thanks very much,

Arline