From:
Amy Kravitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 21:30:56 EDT

Hi to the List,

   As usual, I want to thank everyone who took the time to send me
recipes/respond to my query on good GF cookbooks. I cook maybe 2 nights/week, and my
idea of cooking is broiling a steak, or doing a 1-2-3  stir fry...LOL. I am
asymptomatic and mostly eat out, and just ask for help at the restaurants.   So the
most basic book I can get the better for me.

   Here was what the folks recommended to me:

   Against the Grain
   The Gluten Free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy -Bette Hagman
   (I was told not to be turned off of the title in regards to the word
-gourmet, the book
    supposedly has some simpler recipes as well).
   Gluten Free Kitchen by Roben Ryberg
   Wheat Free Worry Free: The Art of Happy Healthy GF Living-Danna Korn
   Wheat Free Gluten Free Cookbook by Connie Sarros
   Cooking Gluten Free: a Food Lover's Collection of Chef and Family Recipes
   Without Gluten or Wheat-Karen Robertson
   Gluten Free 101-Carol Fenster

   CSA/USA puts out their own books as well, they are as follows:

   Pantry Collection #1 Ed. 2: Best Recipes from Celiacs
   Pantry Collection #2 Ed. 2: Best of Lifeline Recipes
   Pantry Collection #3 Ed. 2: Microwave Recipes
   Pantry Collection #4 Ed. 2: For Newly Diagnosed Celiacs
   Pantry Collection #5 Ed. 2: Holiday Menus
   Pantry Collection #6 Ed. 1:Easy, Successful GF Recipes
   Pantry Collection #7 Ed. 1: Gluten Free International Recipes

   The books are supposedly $8.00/each. To order contact CSA/USA at

   1-877-CSA4CSA

   CSA/USA Inc.
   P.O. Box 31700
   Omaha, NE 68131

joins, he/she can get a good selection of recipes there.

   Lastly, others told me that they use their general cookbooks, and just
substitute in GF flour, ingredients, etc. I am not a cook at all, so this one
sounds hard for me to do (hehe)

    I ended up ordering Gluten Free 101 by Carol Fenster via Amazon.com All
the recommendations sounded good, but the basic reviews on this one sounded (at
least on the surface) that this cookbook is probably for someone at my speed.
Again, I haven't seen the inside of the book yet, so I cannot recommend it
for sure based on  simplicity and tasty recipes. I'll see how it is when it
comes in the mail.

   I wish I could thank you all, but I can't, therefore I'll thank you as a
group for your help.

   Have a good holiday weekend,
   Amy Kravitz [log in to unmask]