From:
Maddy Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:46:02 EDT
In a message dated 6/11/03 4:00:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, David Harrison <
[log in to unmask]  writes:

> A freind told me that a doctor said she had Chronic inflammation of the
> gallM
> bladder. The doctor wants her to have surgery.  She doesn't eat paleo.
> Anybody had any experience with this and the Paleo diet?
-----
Yes. In 1995 I'd been having bouts of intestinal distress for quite some time
but had no idea it might be gall bladder related, until I had an attack so
severe, I would have probably had emergency surgery if I had known what caused
it. I had severe abdominal pain, but since I also had a fever and chills, I
thought I had a bad case of the flu. When I finally was well enough to even go to
the doctor, I discovered I had a diseased gall bladder filled with stones.
During the next 2 years I had 3 ultrasounds, as well as a Hyda scan, which
showed that my gall bladder was not functioning. Of course, every one of the 4
doctors I saw advised surgery.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I did a lot of research, turned up clues
connecting gall bladder inflammation/disease to grain consumption, not fat
consumption as we have always been told. I suffered through several more attacks,
but it was about that time that I became interested in Paleo and discovered I
had Celiac Disease. End result- Paleo diet for me= no gall bladder trouble
whatsoever in nearly 4 years. I am so thankful I never had that surgery. (And I
eat quite a high fat diet, with plenty of fat from meats/poultry/fish, olive
oil, nuts, coconut oil, butter, and cod liver oil.)

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY