C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 20:38:17 EDT
In a message dated 08/02/2003 19:51:32 Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> i did my first one at a rehab  center and i am off to peple first

I don't mean to be brain dead but Services for Independent Living is all that
I know of here in Cleveland.  This area is somewhat backwards when it comes
to disabilities.  We just got all main-line buses wheelchair accessible, now
Govenor Taft wants to get rid of the reduced fare program for the disabled.  For
the disabled it's $0.50 for buses and rapids (Trains), Taft wants to bring it
up to full fare, which is $1.25 for buses and $1.50 for trains.

     In February, RTA imposed a farecard system where a disabled person pays
$1.00 for an all-day pass, regular fare cards are $3.00, and for a family pass
it's $5.00.  Before I used to pay for Patricia $1.00 for a transfer.  Now I
have to either buy an all day pass or buy 2-ride passes or 5-ride passes.  I'm
working so I can readjust my transportation budget but for those who are only
on SSI it would be devastating to afford just to get around.