BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:24:31 -0400
Jc asked:

I've been hearing about wireless web access at places like Starbucks,
and airports and hotels and such.  Has anyone had any experience with
this?  If I have a wireless network card, in my computer, can I just
get within range of one of these things and jump on the internet, or do
I need some sort of subscription, or ISP or something?

AND, does anyone know if such networks are available in Portland...and
Milford, CT?<<

Just remember, unless you are really firewall savvy (read: are in your
late teens, early twenties or have a child who is..) unsavory types can
just jump right on you connection and play games with your hard drive
and email address book. Just think, you can be known as the guy who gave
everybody you know Ecoodies!

Rudy