VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:38:20 -0500
There is an undocumented accessible solution for this.

1.  place focus on the box.  In JAWS, enter forms mode.

2.  Press the alt and down arrow keys together in combination.

3.  Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll up and down the list of items
in the box.

4.  to select the item you want, press enter and the page for that item will
be loaded.

the design solution is to eliminate a Java script change event, which are
not allowed under version 1.0 of the Web content Accessibility guidelines of
the W3C.

Kelly