VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:03:57 -0500
Hi:  I don't know what all you're going to be doing on your laptop, but
first, I'd seriously think about getting a Dell notebook, and make sure
it's something lightweight, especially if you travel a lot.  I'd get as
much memory as you can and at least a 60GB hard drive.  Make sure the
sound card is a multi-channel card.  If you're going to be doing
anything like using it for connecting to your office and such, I'd make
sure you had Windows XP Professional instead of the Home edition.
Also, we had someone from a company called Compsolutions come and talk
to us today about the Portico which is a very lightweight computer with
extraordinarily extended battery life.  You can get a laptop with or
without a screen.  With the larger battery, you can see battery time of
around 12 hours or so.  I'm including his information below.  Their
machines start at $2495.

Dennis Kao
Compsolutions
804-897-8347