VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 22:02:30 -0400
Hey, We have a reading edge, new 10 years ago was $2500.
But a couple months ago My wife bought a great second-hand one for $300.
Her 75 year old sister loves it, because all one has to do is put
something in, turn on, and await a couple minutes, to hear the page.
Simple controls, and if get mixed up, shut off K(reboot) and back in
business.
Yes, we have scanners, but they are cheap, $90, read just as good, but
have to know the computer also.
The Kurzweil does give the necessary steps readable for blind.
But Jaws with the scanner programs is very difficult, unknown and
unannounced steps are required to store it as file and read it.
Wil
.