VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Jackie M." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jackie M.
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 23:18:03 -0700
Hi,

I never thought I would do this, because I had always configured
off-the-shelf computers myself before - but I bought a preconfigured
computer from I.R.T.I. in Grass Valley, California, and it work great out of
the box, and I have enjoyed it thoroughly.  They install the right sound
cards and all the configuring is done prior to receipt, so it's ready to go
out of the box.  They will even install our speech software if you want them
to (you have to send your copy to them).  I installed my own speech
software, but Windows XP was configured, and the computer was built to work
with screen readers.  It was great - and a lot less struggle.  I would
recommend I.R.T.I. preconfigured computers - desktop minitower, zero
footprint (computer in a keyboard), and laptops.  Their website is:
www.irti.net.

- Jackie McCraw