VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Justin Philips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Justin Philips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:51:28 +0530
Hi Lisa,

I am not sure which version of window-eyes you are using. At any rate, in 4.5
that I use, one has to go to the window eyes control panel
(control+backslash). From there, press alt+s for the screen and down arrow
till you here attributees "off". If it says off, press enter on it and it becomes
on, and then all changes in attributes will be announced. If you are using any
earlier version, check its equivalent, probably under the screen menu

HTH

On 20 Mar 2004, at 6:21,
 Lisa McManus scribbled two cents' worth--question about a window-eyes command--

>         Hi everyone,
>
> I have a window-eyes question.  I am trying to get better at usind the
> manual, but right now in a pinch I can not seem to locate the section in
> the manual that I need.
>
> I think I might be looking for a punctuation section.  I do not normally
> want window-eyes to read all punctuation to me as it reads.  And that is
> how I have it set; not to read every punctuation mark.  I can use my right
> and left arrow keys to locate punctuation marks if I want.
>
> I have a situation though right now where I have 8 sentences to read and
> find out which words are in italics.  I tried using my right and left
> arrows, but it does not pick them up.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do to try to find out which
> words are in italics?  Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
>
> Lisa

> [log in to unmask]  In the body of the message, simply type

Just an email away......
Justin