VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Domenick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:49:56 -0700
I am not a Jaws user but hope this may help. With the new Norton anti
virus outgoing email is scanned however a small box appears in the right
lower corner of the screen instead of the large box that appeared in the
middle of the screen previously. This small box appears then disappears
quickly. To ensure that your incoming/outgoing mail is being scanned
open Norton. On the main dialog box there are two tabs at the upper left
corner. One is 'live update' and the other is 'options'. Click on the
options tab. On the left of the dialog box that appears are 3
categories. They are 'system', 'internet', and 'other'. Under the second
category, internet, the first subcatagory is 'email', click it. On the
right of the dialog box there is a menu. The first option is 'what to
scan'. Put a check in the two boxes that are there. The two boxes are
scan incoming and out going email.

Going back to the left of the dialog box in the second category where
email is you will find 'live update'. Click on it. On the right your
first option is: How to stay updated. Put a check in the only box that
is there - enable automatic live updates. The second category on the
right is 'How to keep your virus protection updated'. Put a check in the
first box labeled 'apply virus protection updates'. Directly under that
option put a bullet (dot) in the first option 'apply updates without
interrupting me'. Now click 'ok' at the bottom of the dialog box.

By doing these things your machine will scan your incoming and outgoing
email plus download and instal any updates without interfering with what
you may be doing on your pc. You can also run live update at anytime by
clicking on the first tab in the upper left corner of the main screen
labeled 'live update'.