VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:21:35 -0600
Hello all:

This is my first posting to the list; my apologies in advance if my post
is innappropriate.

I have found a great company (no, I don't work for them).  Inner
Visions, Inc. of Austin, TX, has a web site at www.aundrea.net.  While
the site appears to be currently under development, my research has
shown me that the company is well established.

Inner Visions is a publishing company that specializes in "custom" large
print items, including, but not limited to large print bibles,
calendars, day planners, public domain texts, etc.  It is also the home
of the author "aundrea" who has written a book called "Death Has Many
Songs: An Innovative, Loving Guide to Dealing with End-of-Life Issues"

After speaking with Aundrea, the owner, I've learned that they are a
combined effort of several small businesses.  Aundrea's book (available
in large print and braille), the custom large print items, as well as
customized pet furniture (mostly cat trees), are among their product
line.  It's clear to me that their profit from the sale of these items
is very limited.  They just love what they do... I hope they can
continue to offer such great prices.  I'm told this is their first
attempt at internet marketing, so they are new to the arena, but
offering a great product at a fair price.

I've given them many suggestions on how they can make their site more
accessible, etc.  Aundrea would like to hear any other suggestions about
products and accessibility of her site if anyone would like to offer
their wisdom.  She can be reached at [log in to unmask] .

I ordered a series of large print calendars for christmas gifts, and
they had the product to me within a week.  Their was an error on one of
the pages, and they corrected it immediately, and overnighted it me at
no extra charge.

I just thought the group would like to hear about this company.  I
searched for years for a truly large print bible, and finally found one.

My best regards and many thanks for all the useful information found
with this group.

Scott

---