VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:08:36 -0500
Hi all,
I wanted to get this out as soon as I could, found out about this portable internet radio yesterday!
It's made by a company in the UK called Acoustic Energy, and the US distributor is the C-crane Company from California.
I called C-Crane and they told me it lives up it's billing, but here's the problem, and this is where all of the blind come in.
This is a portable radio that if you have a wifi connection, or a broadband connection, you can listen to over 10000 internet radio stations and audio feeds.
It looks like a regular radio.
We need to tell them to either
1.  put a voice chip in it to make it accessible or
2.  put the Microsoft SAPI voice in it to make it accessible.
It's called the wifi radio.
C-Crane says they've ben getting calls by blind folks to make it accessible, but they can't do any thing, because they don't namufacture the radio.
If you want to know more about the radio, check out

http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/product_range/wifi_radio/WiFi.asp

Folks, it's litterally, a portable internet radio.
Now, if you want to contact them and work with them on this, check out their contact page at

http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/Contact_Details.asp

What we need to tell them is this.
We know the radio is available, but we are blind and can't access the radio.
Please put either a voice chip in the radio, or, put software in the radio such as the Microsoft SAPI voice in it.
This way, the blind person could hear the list of stations that comes up, and then, select the station or feed they want.
So, folks, I just wanted to make all of us aware of this product.
take care,
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]