From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:46:27 +0100
On Aug 16, 2004, at 9:34 pm, Erik Fridén wrote:
>  Obviously, you don't need to worry about the cholestrol - we've just
> covered that terrain comprehensively - however, the white contains a
> protein called avidin, a powerful anti-nutrient.

Somewhere I heard a rumour that avidin is only effective in raw eggs,
and by cooking the egg white through you destroy the anti-nutrients.  I
believe there is even a recognised disease caused by eating excess raw
egg white?

I've always felt the same about eggs as I do about nuts- they are paleo
if you eat them in a paleo quantity.  Which means I'm being highly
unpaleo lately, having up to 4 eggs several times a week.

Ashley