From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 13:16:03 -0400
Richard Geller wrote:

> Meal frequency is in my opinion a key, almost an undiscovered frontier.
> Several good studies show the same (or better) anti-aging and protective
> patterns associated with calorie reduced diets, but with close to normal
> overall caloric intake.
>
> In the rodent studies they generally fast the rodents and feed them on
> alternating days. They spend a lot of time in ketosis. Their insulin
> sensitivity is very high.
>
> I believe  they are beginning human trials at NIH. They will be having
> people fast all day and eat one meal at night. You can easily try this
> yourself. I have been doing it for a few months with outstanding results.

It would be interesting to do human trials with the every-other-day
idea.  Most people (myself included) would probably find this daunting,
but perhaps a bit of fat on the fasting days would make it more
manageable.  I don't know if this would give *better* results than the
one-meal-per-day approach, but it might.

Todd Moody