From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:42:03 -0800
I have had asthma my entire life along with severe nasal allergies. I
am taking inhaled corticosteroid spray in my nose for the asthma and
at times bronchial inhaled corticosteroids as well.

Since going on a more-or-less paleo diet, my asthma was in general
much better to the point where I only needed the nose spray but I
couldn't get away from that nose spray. If I don't take it I end up
with a drippy nose all the time and then I get a bronchial infection
and really bad asthma.

I avoid wheat, corn, legumes and dairy mostly although I eat a little
raw milk cheese which doesn't seem to be a problem in small occasional
amounts. But I still have the allergies. I had my asthma return with a
vengeance this last six months. I have gotten some acupuncture and
whether it is that or the seasonal changes, my asthma is better and I
have returned to mostly just the nasal corticosteroid, and a lot less
of that too (once per day instead of twice).

I wish I knew why I still have the allergies. I am unwilling to go on
a raw diet. I did take up a paleo version of the warrior diet over the
last month, and perhaps that accounts for my symptoms being better and
not the acupuncture -- I can't really say. My feeling is that they
both help and that the warrior diet is very good for my allergy
symptoms somehow.

--Richard