From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:07:00 -0700
>What it boils down to is that carbs are not a required nutrient. protien
>and fat ARE required.

-- Please note: I do NOT have documentation of what follows on this computer
and maybe not even my home computer but I have heard the following statement
from no less than three experts in the field, possibly four. --

Tad is correct.  Fat and protein are the only required macronutrients.
There are no essential micronutrients found in plant foods that cannot be
found in fats, oils and animal foods.  Not GOOD micronutrients, but REQUIRED
micronutrients.

Chances are I'll soon be verbally pistol-whipped for posting this, but I
guess I'm a sucker for punishment.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

Keep up with high-tech trends here at "Hook'd on Technology."
http://special.msn.com/msnbc/hookedontech.armx