From:
Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:20:06 -0600
From: "Tad Glines" <[log in to unmask]>

> they probably didn't use wild pig, grass fed beef, etc.

Actually, I think we're more probably genetically predisposed to wild pig
than we are to a cow.

>the human brain uses both glucose and ketones. But it cannot run on ketones
alone.
I feel my best in ketosis and function just fine.  I can eat 65g of carbs
and remain in ketosis.

>I was excersising first thing in the morning and was exausting my glucose
stores.
This was my case also.....

>When I switched to paleo I also cut out all carbs except for tomatoes,
onions and apples.
I loaded up on onions and avocados with my meat.  I have only lately been
able to tolerate tomato without joint pain.  I keep it small.  One medium
twice a week.  I could eat three per meal if I let myself indulge.  Oliva