From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:38:14 +0100
Dori Zook wrote:
>> Genes involved in recycling amino acids, the building blocks of
>> proteins, have changed in the human line, the Science article reports.
>> Those could reflect changes in diet when humanlike descendants of the
>> mostly fruit-eating ancestor switched to meat."
>

> Wait a minute.  So switching from 'nanners to a nice side o' beef mightta
> made us SMARTER THAN THE MONKEYS?  I dare one of you to tell THAT to a
> militant vegetarian (nyuck, nyuck).  Just be sure to tell them
> r-e-e-e-e-e-a-l slow.

I don't see it's a problem, Dori 'cause :
*if* our genes responsible for recycling amino acids canged
*this* didn't make us smarter that monkeys are.
Or otherwise *lions* would be smarter than humans and monkeys alltogether.
Lions, tigers, cats are even *more* efficient in digesting proteins
(recycling amino acids).
They can metabolze even nuclein acids (=purins), have no limit in amino
acid consumption (no rabbit starvation), and can stand botulinus toxin
(frequent in not freshly killed carcasses).

relax :-)

Amadeus