From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 21:54:15 +0100
From: "Don Wiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Chimps vs Humans

>.....as the argument presented in 1. below was new to me, and
> presumably to others here. Don.

> 1.  Our lower abdonmen.  The chimps rib cage splays out as it nears the
> waist and most chimps look like they have a pot-belly.

Surely you cannot judge from the look of it that it eats a lot of plants.
All kind om deers look flat bellied to me but I remember that one of the
arguments for not feeding dogs with vegetable protein is that they don't
have long enough intestines to digest it; that veggies need long intestines.

>This is not due
> to lack of excersise, or being over weight.  It's due to needing a large
> digestive tract to draw all of the nutrients out of plant material.  Our
> rib cage narrows as it nears the waist and a human in good phyiscal
> shape has a realtivly flat stomach as meat needs much less digestive
> tract to pull out the nutrients.

The reason why the chimp looks the way it looks compared to people is the
skeletal structure. The rib cage of a chimp goes so far down that the animal
cannot get efficient in running. It has no waist and can only lumber away.
In order to run you must be able to pull your diaphragm up into your rib
cage thereby freeing your waist so you can twist it properly. In order to do
that your rib cage must be square like a human rib cage and not look like a
cone the way it does in chimps.

I believe the structure of our  skeleton developed out of our need to run
and walk long distances on two feet and that the chimp kept its elegant
tummy because it did not need to change it.

> Now I'm not knocking the vegitarian diet.  In modern times we have
> several choices for a high protean meat substitue, with the predominate
> one being the soy bean.

I definiteley don't consider soy bean being an alternative, let alone it
being food for people. What animal is a natural soy bean eater anyway? Does
anyone know?
Eva