From:
Frances Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 22:12:32 +0100
>Subject: Re: pressure on throat and ears
>
>Every time I eat Paleo I get a pressure on my throat and ears, a bit
>like a flu coming on.

I've been following this thread with interest. I get something similar.
Nothing with the throat, but definately the ears. It comes on out of nowhere
when I am on strict paleo (meat - all grass fed (locally produced) and or wild
beasts and fish). It can last for an hour, or a whole afternoon. Mine too
would go away when I cheated (I cheat on cheese and oatcakes!!, bacon with
nitrates - and if someone comes home with a nice crusty white loaf I cover it
in slices of cold butter and am not satisfied till its finished. This is not
often as I pay dearly...

At first I thought the ear pressure was due to too much potassium. So I upped
my protein and fat. To no avail. Then I read about potassium and salt balance
and how critical it was. I started adding some sea salt to my food. It doesn't
happen anymore. If it does a touch of salt does the trick. I know some say
that salt is not paleo, but I watch all the wild and domesticated animals
going to the shore to get the salt, and I assume that man did it too. So I now
take salt and it makes everything OK.

Fran,