From:
Lynda Bryson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:55:46 -0700
<< From what I can tell, what happens is that you
order the tests over the Net, they send you the
paperwork, and you take it down to your local
laboratory, who does the test and sends the results to
the company. The main accuracy question then would be
that of the lab you choose. >>

Just to be clear, only affiliated patient service
centers with HealthcheckUSA, which are listed on their
web site, are used to provide the service.  When you
select the tests you want done you also select one of
these patient service centers for the draw to be done,
and the service center then sends the blood sample off
to a certified lab.

<< Has anyone here used HealthcareUSA or any other DTC
lab?  What is your impression of the company and the
process? >>

I posted the info. about HealthcheckUSA because I had
firsthand experience with them and was very satisfied
with the service.  I learned about them from several
messages from satisfied customers posted to the
thyroid forum I subscribe to. I was told that the
tests listed on their web site were only the most
frequently requested, and they could actually do any
test you wanted -- if I wanted to add the thyroid
antibodies test to the CTPII test shown on their site,
just call their toll-free number.

I placed the online order for the standard CTPII test
and then called and spoke to a very helpful person who
quickly accessed the order I'd just placed, told me
how much it would cost to add the antibodies test, and
when I agreed she said she would include it in the
paperwork I recieved.  The paperwork arrived 3-4 days
later with all info. correct.

The location I had selected from their web site was a
walk-in clinic conveniently located near where I work.
 My paperwork was accepted without a problem, they did
the blood draw, and took care of sending it off to the
lab. Couldn't have been easier.

When I received the results the following week I was
able to take them to my doctor to use as the
foundation for our discussion of how we would proceed
with treating my thyroid condition.  For those who may
not want to go to a doctor with their test results,
HUSA also offers the option of a review of your test
results by a Board Certified physician -- the details
of how to request that are on the site.  The results
of the review are posted to your online account along
with the actual test results.

I was very grateful to learn about this web site from
the thyroid forum, so I'm just "paying it forward" by
offering this info. to this list.

Lynda Bryson