Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:37:10 -0600
>What is unique is that the researchers recommend everyone over 55 years
>plus anyone under that
>age who has arterial disease take this pill and that risk factors no longer
>be measured.

Well, you DID name me, so.....

All I can say is thank God it's a British study, 'cuz here in 'Mrrka (as
George W. Bush pernounces it) they'd probably act on this recommendation
immediately, doling out pills like Pez on the playground.  We're pill CRAZY
in this republic!  I could say more but my blood pressure would go up and I
like it where it is.

Oh!  On a related note, I went in for blood work what, two weeks ago?  It
seems to be taking mysteriously long for results so I called to ask,"Are
they in yet?"  I'm told (and I kid you not) that ONLY my doctor can tell me
when they're in.  Not her, not anyone, just the doctor.  This sounded like
pure bullsh*t to me.  I just got off the horn with Ron.  He says he's never
heard of such a thing and the tests shouldn't have taken more than three
days.  It was NOT pretty, requesting the 'radical' tests I did; they're
probably withholding information just to piss me off, something I do NOT
recommend.  I swear to God, if those tests have been gathering dust
somewhere, my fist will go into a dark, smelly sphincter in no time flat.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO