From:
Max Plyshevsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 09:47:34 -0700
Hi Theola,

--- Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I received results of my hair mineral analysis
> today.  Of the 11 essential minerals and 9 toxic
> elements tested, all fell within their reference
> ranges except mercury and tin which were high.
>
> mercury 3.79 (rr < = 1.69)
> tin 0.3718 (rr < = 0.1825)

My mercury results were off the charts!
Mercury 6.84 (rr < 0.6)

> Are there other sources of mercury that could be in
> my diet?

I don't know about dietary sources, but the usual
suspects are thimerosal in vaccines and amalgam dental
fillings.

> Also, any ideas about how to purge/eliminate the
> excesses?

Andy Cutler's chelation protocol seems to be the most
tangible methodology I've read about so far.. Anybody
on the list have any experience with Cutler's
chelation?

Cutler's approach uses ALA, DPMS, or DMSA taken at
regular intervals to chelate mercury.
There are also claims that cilantro, blueberries,
squash, and sea weed (IIRC a supplement called
"Seagreens") are mercury chelators.

Max