VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:36:14 -0500
7bit
From:
Joy Hall Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
We are trying to find a cell phone for an elderly relative.  His vision
isn't seriously impaired, but he needs a nice, large display with good
contrast.  Additionally, he has some minor tremors so big, easily worked
buttons on the phone.  He is also hard of hearing, and adjustable volume is
a must.

We want "big and simple" as opposed to the current trend towards
miniaturization and a mind boggling array of features. We don't want a phone
that talks, takes pictures, surfs the net, or is tiny enough to fit in a
Barbie purse.

Our current contract is with Spring PCS, but their reps have been useless as
far as suggestions. With all the emphasis on adaptive technology and the
needs of our aging population, surely SOMEONE is making a model that would
be appropriate. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joy