VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2004 21:54:02 -0500
7bit
From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Jim,

I think your comment was directed both to me and the group as a whole.

I posted the article to share the new innovation because I have the same
sentiments you do.  it will be the first phone to seamlessly integrate both
wireless technologies.  the so-called dual band or tri-band phones are GSM
phones that access the different wireless frequencies used in Europe, the
United States, Latin America, and Asia.  with this phone not only will
frequency switching be possible but cell phone technologies as well so one
can travel the world and use only one phone, regardless of the local
wireless system in use or the transmission frequency.

yes, if breakthroughs like this are happening, access could be created as
well.

when will integrated, affordable access be available?  given that we can't
sue these guys, it will happen when the bush Administration says it will,
which may be a long time from now depending on the election.

Kelly