VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 23:21:23 -0700
Hi Everyone,

I am not the best one to comment on the NFB, re
the post from Kelly Pierce about the NFB Kentucky
Computer Division President resigning.

However, I seem to be hearing from different
people that the NFB is or can be pretty radical
and control freaky.  I have also been told that
the NFB is mostly congenital totals who are only
interested in their own issues and not very
interested in the issues of those who had sight
and lost it or are very low vision and dealing
with losing it.

Please keep in mind that the people I have most
contact with are those who are visually impaired
/ legally blind, due to RP or Ushers, although
some are also totally blind. The issues faced and
experiences seem to be very different, depending
on whether a person is blinded later in life or
is going blind gradually or is very low vision or
is blind from birth.

Anyway, I would be interested in hearing some
opinions or clarifications on this. You can send
to my personal email as this is not specifically
a computer related post.

Thanks, Megan