Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:25:06 -0500
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:24:13 -0500, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>>When you eat lots of carbs, your glycogen reserves are
>>>almost always full, so incoming carbohydrate can't be deposited in
>>>them.  Therefore a great deal of it must be converted to fat, and the
>>>fat into which it is converted is almost all saturated. 98% palmitic
>>>acid, in fact.

I would say that depends on the time between meals.
With 3 meals a day and each one elevating insulin/glucose for 2/3 hours
you'd still have 24-9 = 15 hours or glycogen emptying time.
The time only the brain feasts in the glycogen.

Only the rest of the time is glucose usage time.

If stores are full the glucose must be converted to fat.
Then it would be the same as eating 44g of pure fat - as you computed.
But is it?

I think it's not. The same amount in kcal of glucose seems much more of a
problem to get rid of than fat.
I'm still thinking the key lies in the conversion processes.
Glucose -> energy (glycolysis)
and back glycogen to glucose.
Either thiamin or some related stuff (like alpha lipoic acid) or some
mineral involved could be the key.
In any way I've seen studies that ALA and thiamin can help against diabetes.

Insulin resistance (body cells resisting to "eat" glucose could be a
countermeasure against the brain to rnu out of fuel.

Something striking is still missing.

regards

Amadeus