Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:23:08 +0200
Hi Erik

I found meat to be more expensive then what I buy here.    At home I buy
from a farmer who lets the animals graze on protected woodland. Although
I am obviously not bringing any meat with me ;-)
It is true that prices in Sweden have dropped but still are a bit higher
then here even when our prices went up a staggering 25-50% the last two
years. For some vegetables there used to be a pricetag in Guilders and
it's the bloody same aount in euros now, a whopping 2,3 times more. Even
here I can no longer buy what I'd like to but in Sweden I noticed last
year it's still a bit steeper.
That might be due to the fact that I have no access to the cheap meat I
get here.
In order to be able to eat well the whole trip and buy loads of meat
there I'll have to budget something else.
Last year I hitchhiked to Sweden with a neighbour of mine.  He drives a
truckload full of veggies and fruits to Sweden every week. He explained
me that most of your foodgoods are imported that way, hence the higher
prices.
If you know your way around to the cheaper supermarkets it might be
handy but as a traveller staying mostly in Molle it will be hard to find
that. You know Molle?
If you are near there come and visit my tent this summer ;-)
So not knowming my way to the cheaper sources of foods might be the
reason.  I end up in supermarkets and find everything a bit more
expensive.  I even bought a Trangia in Sweden thinking it would be
cheaper as it's produced there but......... it wasn't.  The transport again.

Could it be so that if the cost of living dropped in Sweden it might be
due to other factors then food alone? Perhaps rent or electricity?

Christy