Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:13:07 -0500
Gordon > "The word "paleolithic" is a reference to a period of history. "Paleolithic
foods" is therefore a reference to foods consumed during that period. A
"paleolithic diet" is a diet comprised of those paleolithic foods. And,
last time I checked, this discussion list was about the paleolithic diet."

Man, you're turning me into an andrew.  Maybe that's why the guy's such a
bitter s.o.b.

"Duh" is my reply to your comments above.

We're needlessly arguing about the semantics of the word "paleo."  I think
we agree what it means.  My point, and I'm sure that those on this board
are thankful that this is the last time I'll try to make it, is this: As
commonly used on this board, when someone asks if something is "paleo"
they mean "should I eat it?  Is it in the class of the types of foods
preagricultural and prepastoral man consumed?  Is it not at odds with our
genetically-determined natural diet?"  Again, I don't think we disagree.

Here's where we apparently disagree.  Not everything paleo man consumed
was good for him.  The overwhelming majority was and we should try to
imitate it, but it isn't necessarily true that EVERYTHING was.  I'm
arguing that alcohol, if consumed as much as you think it was, is in that
class.