Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:25:54 +0900
From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 01:51  AM, Fredrik Murman wrote:

> Are you saying that no one is adapted to cereals in any amount,

Yes, that is right. Humans have almost no adaptation to grains.

>  even if the
> grains are properly prepared?

We can only eat them after they are milled, and cooked, or fermented.
No one can eat more than a handful of raw grain without getting sick,
at least digestive distress. I occasionally nibble a few bites of young
corn, more than that would give you diarrhea. The negative effects of
grain eating can be reduced, and many people can eat these heavily
processed grains without apparent trouble, but that is not to say we
are adapted to them. Cows can eat specially prepared met meal, but it
is not a food they are adapted for.