AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
mathew jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:54:56 -0700
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

I would join everyone in welcomming this kind of
venture especially with South Africa if the enterprise
is controlled by Africans and that the lions share of
the money remains there to develop our economies.
Anglo seems to indicate to me some kind of British
control and this makes me wary and suspecious.

I am all for investment sure. What I am vehemently
against is the fine prints which we our keaders have a
history of either not understanding or they do and
sign on the dots when grease passes under the table.

It is an open secret that our officials have a
terrible history of negotiating away the interest of
our people for their personal gains.

I wish we had leaders who are strong, militant,
activists and advocates who would be touring Africa
and drawing huge crowds in stadiums and parks
advocating federalism for Sub-saharan Africa. All our
trade agreements which have gathered dust for the past
several decades should be re-visited,re-examined and
re-negotiated again.

Africa needs some very radical and dramatic approaches
to its development. We have experimented with too much
of the same things and so far the results have been
far from stellar.

Anyone remember the African Development Bank,not to
mention afr too many UNDP programs and the World Bank,
and where has all this taken us? African governments
are sinking in debt. The Gambia for example has a debt
that is five times its annual GDP and its is growing.

http://www.bday.co.za/bday/content/direct/1,3523,1403875-6078-0,00.html