THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark London <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 11:25:26 -0500
> (1) Placebo effect is not the same as any other type of therapy.

I'm not sure what the discussion of placebo affect has to do with thyroid
problems, at least directly.

> (2) Placebo effect never has cured anyone.
> (3) Placebo effect is always, at best, temporary.

How about if the person's problem was pyschosamtic (sp?) in the first place?
And if the problem can be affected by the mind-body connection, then the
placebo could trigger this effect.

> (4) Placebo effect is governed by chance.

Isn't it governed by how strong a person's faith or mind-body connection is?
I.e. sort of like who can be put under hypnosis or not.

> (5) Faith healing is not placebo nor scientific and a fee is never charged
> nor asked for.

Christian Scientist practioners use faith healing and are paid, aren't they?
Or do you not consider this faith healing but spiritual consouling?

Mark