THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 19:30:39 -0800
For the rest of the story:

Your very knowledgable doctor about Wilson's Protocol is the key.  But
before you jump into any alternative thyroid treatments, I highly suggest
you spend some time in researching and becoming familar with present
medical therapy.  To help you in this endeaver, consider contacting the
following:

Thyroid Foundation of America, Inc.
Ruth Sleeper Hall 350
Parkman street
Boston, MA  02114-2698

800-832-8321
617-726-8500 VOICE
617-726-4136 FAX

The Thyroid Society For Education And Research
7515 South Main Street Suite 545
Houston, Texas  77030

800-849-7643
713-799-9909 VOICE

Some additional information regarding Dr. E. Denis Wilson (taken from the
Peninsula Daily News (Florida) by Mike Dawson, 05/08/94, "Miracle Cure Has
Side Effects":

" . . . Dr. E. Denis Wilson of central Florida . . . had been suspended and
fined by Florida regulators in 1992 after a patient's death was llinked to
the treatment.  The Florida Board of Medicine determined that Wilson was
prescribing a drug that patients didn't need for a condition they didn't
have . . . fined $10,000., suspended him from practicing for 6 months, to
be followed by 3 years of monitored probation."

"The patient, Lois Flurkey, 50, died of a heart attack in November 1991.
Her heart had been in tachycardia, which means it is racing and out of
rhythm, which is a sign of T3 overdose.  wilson was prescribing more than
the recommended dose, Florida Board of Medicine records say."

"Wilson, himself no longer sees patients (as of 05/08/94).  The Florida
Department of Professional Regulation charged him in 1992 with 10
violations. "

"Interviewed by telephone, Wilson said the board of medicnie's discipline
'did not have to do so much with the treatment but their misunderstanding
of the treatment . . . If I had a couple hundred thousand dollars for legal
fees I could have explained it to them.' "

"The board said he must no diagnose Wilson's syndrome or prescribe the drug
until the medical community accepts it as a real condition and cure."

"Wilson, 34, was a general practitioner, with no specialized training. A
graduate of the University of South Florida medical school in 1985, he
worked for a weight-loss clilnic, then opened the Metabolism Treatment
Center in 1988.  Newspaper ads said Wilson had 'become recognized as a
leading expert with a 95% success rate . . .'  That led to the Board of
Health charging him with false advertising."

At 11:43 AM 2/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>With all due respect to Dr. Rueda, who is a wealth of information and comfort
>here, Wilson's Syndrome is different than Wilson's Disease, which he
>described in his response to the questions about Wilson's Syndrome.
Wilson's Syndrome is a disorder where the body cannot adequately convert T4
to T3 and the production of RT3 increases.  It is known by other names,
such as "euthyroid sick syndrome", and the name Wilson's Syndrome was
coined by a physician, Dr. E. D. Wilson, who developed a very successful
protocol for treating this disorder. Unfortunately, Dr. Wilson is a Family
Practitioner, not an Endocrinologist, and he did not to any double blind
studies.  He also didn't publish in any peer review journals, and thus his
protocol has been scoffed by a vast majority of the medical profession.