THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Joan S." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 12:15:45 -0400
Sharon Boshell wrote:
> ...I have decided now when I'm seeing any doctor to ALWAYS wear a business
> suit that makes me feel my most attractive and most powerful.  I liked
> being treated with respect by this doctor...

Sharon,
        I agree. Particularly when establishing a relationship with a new
doctor, I find it's better to look "professional" yourself. Even bring a
briefcase along. Once when I was complaining about a doctor, my husband
gave me excellent advise. He said a doctor is a professional you hire to
solve a problem. If he/she is not doing the job, fire him/her. When
you're not feeling well, it's easy to be too vulnerable, I think the
business-suit approach helps us to keep a professional approach, too.
Thanks for the advice.

Joan