THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Diane Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 08:47:32 +0600
Does anyone have a different type of "crash"?  Hits me around early to
mid-afternoon especially on weekends.  I suddenly become extremely cold in
my core and very lethargic.  I remember one time when I was carrying a
load of laundry from my apartment.  I crashed by my front door and just
had time to turn around, head for my bedroom, and hit the bed before I
lost all energy.  I then have to cover up with as many coverings as I can
get and wait for the crash to subside. Sometimes I fall asleep.  Never is
this condition accompanied by chills--it is a deeper cold. It is not a
predictable condition, only happens now and then.  If it hits somewhere
where I cannot baby it (like the supermarket), I often feel panicky as I
fight it, but with constant movement, it will eventually subside.

(I have had Hashimoto's for many years, am hypo, and my endo says he can
feel no remnants of my thyroid.)

Any takers?

Diane Fisher