THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Rahn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 15:13:36 -0700
Kathy, I had my thyroid surgically removed over 20 years ago, so I have had
T3/T4 tests done every year (in some cases more often because I
complained).  Three  years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia which has
many of the same symptoms as low thyroid.  Ok, so for the past three years
all my tests have come back "normal".  After researching the information on
Synthroid and Armour I had the doctor do another blood test this time to
see if I was actually using the thyroid hormone properly - and guess what?
My T4 is normal but T3 is way low!  So I convinced the doctor to switch me
to the equivilent dosage of Armour (the pharmacy had to special order it
since it is used so rarely these days!!!!) and within three days I noticed
that I was exhausted - couldn't get out of bed to go to work.  So  I cut a
couple of the pills in half and took 1and 1/2 the dosage (I don't recommend
this unless you really are sure what you're doing).  Within 2 days I felt
like a new person!  Everyone at work noticed the difference and for the
first time in years I actually have energy again and can sleep at night
without taking several kinds of pills!  It's now been 14 days since I
started the Armour,  and 1 week since I upped the dosage and the change is
remarkable - what's interesting is that most of the fibromyalgia symptoms
are greatly reduced; so is my problem all thyroid related and mostly caused
by the Synthroid?  I wonder just how many other people have made this
incredible discovery. . . . are we all prisoners of the drug companies
after all?

Peggy