THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Shomon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 10:07:01 -0400
Hey Fellow PPC Members!

You guys are all inspiring!  So glad to hear that I'm not the only one
with a folder marked "Thyroid" at home that goes to all my doctor's
appointments.  Now I get to add another folder to the mix..."Baby" ;-)
So I'm petite papier-ing for two!

If you haven't had a chance to read it yet, there's an EXCELLENT article
online regarding dealing with docs. David Elfstrom's "How to Talk to
Doctors" is a great resource, and can help us petite papier people
better take advantage of our natural desire to know and understand, and
the doctor's natural desire to want to be "in charge." :D

MUST reading for anyone who wants to be an educated, empowered patient!!

http://www.elfstrom.com/arthritis/articles/appointments.html

If you don't have web access, let me know and I'll arrange for you to
get the article it's that important.

Cheers--

Mary