THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K.M. Neves" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 May 1997 11:10:25 -0300
On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Cindy Kirchhoff wrote:

> What I was wondering is what dosage of Armour do you take? Or - what dose
> seems to be the average among any Armour users? Currently, I'm on 90mg.,
> which is 1 1/2 grains, I believe. I'd like to know if I should ask for a
> larger dose when I see my doctor next in a couple weeks.

Cindy, I'm not sure what the dosage translations are for Armour.  I'm in
Canada and am taking a natural supplement simply called "Thyroid".  I
don't know whether or not this is equivalent in any way to Armour.

I was taking .112mg of Synthroid and the equivalent dose of Thyroid is
approximately 60mg which is what I'm taking now.  That translates to
about .1mg of Synthroid and my doctor felt that was close enough.

Hope that helps.

Karen
Halifax, NS, Canada