THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david binotto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 06:58:21 +1000
Hello to you all. My fiance and I are about to give up searching for clues
in her quest
for relief from this feeling of constant fatigue in her head/neck muscles.
She has
double/blurred vision and has just completed another round of function tests
for the thyroid which have come back normal. However it's a multi-nodular
goiter and the tracer
uptake by the thyroid is irregular throughout. The general finding was that
'it is a
diffusely irregular gland...most consistent with a goiter of this type.' Her
Anti-microsomal counts have come back higher than normal and her TSH is 5.13
which is
considered OK. Her latest Endo says she shouldn't be having any symptoms
with these
results and although her Anti-thyroid peroxidase Ab's were abnormally high
they were
not 'world records'. Like the last Endo he has suggested a psych to help out
and to
perform another function test in 6-12 months. Is it possible that her gland
is touching
or affecting a nerve/s that, in turn, is affecting the muscles in her
head/neck? And
how can one tell if it is this?
Any correspondence would be greatly appeciated.

Thanking you,
David Binotto
Melbourne, Australia.