THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kaycie Drennan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 14:25:56 -0500

<< Interesting! I have always had crosswise ridges on my fingernails, and
 sometimes white spots on them. Didn't know that was connected to thyroid
 difficulties. >>

Neither did I....  I've had problems with exhaustion that never seems to go
away, ridged fingernails (mine are lengthwise though, with white spots) a
weight problem that seems to have no reason, and never seeming to be able to
control my body heat.  (My husband always teases me because, even though we
now live in Phoenix, since I do so much better in warm weather, I still end
up putting a sweater on if it dips below 85 degrees)

I always thought I was just tired since I was carrying around an extra 40
pounds and had 2 kids.  And, I figured I was just a cold-blooded person that
should have actually been born as a lizard.   :)

I never realized all this could be linked to my thyroid...  (Until I ran into
this list and the lady who's helping me with my eating habits)

Kaycie