THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 1997 19:19:19 -0400
Hi everybody, I'm glad to be on this list, and look forward to getting to
know you all.  I had my thyroid removed 1 1/2 yrs. ago due to Grave's
Disease.  The time when my thyroid was overactive was the worst time of my
life.  I had so many symptoms, and for awhile didn't know why.  Since
having this disease, I have noticed so many changes in myself, and wonder
if I will ever feel like "myself" again.  I have gained about 10 pounds
since having thyroid removed, but that is the least of my problems, as well
as my hair-it is so coarse now, and gets so snarly and it is hard to get it
to do anything anymore.  I seem to have become a different person since I
got sick.  I have no energy anymore, everything is a struggle, even things
that used to be fun, I just don't usually feel like I have enough energy to
do them.  I am always tired.  There are so many other things too...

I am on .112 of Synthroid.  My levels have been low since the surgery for
the most part, except for last yr. when I was on .125 and they went over
again, and I had the racing heart, shakes, etc.  I am terrifed of my levels
going to high again, and have resisted having my synthroid increased.
Right now my levels are a little low, but not way out of range.

I am 4 months pregnant, and wondered if this affects thyroid levels,
symptoms, etc.  I have been a little more tired, but I've been tired since
this whole throid thing started.

It's good to meet you all.  I am glad I found this list.  Have been on
about a week now, and seen all this talk about synthroid, is there anyone
who does well on it?  Does anyone feel like themselves again after having
thyroid problems?

Thanks,
Stacey