THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amy & Barb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:06:02 -0600
Hi Betsy,

Betsy Polglase wrote:

> Barb Ray wrote:
> >I see a number of people have mentioned Nutrisweet and memory loss.
>
> I have been having increasing trouble with this. I have Hashimoto's and am
> on .175 mg. Levoxyl.
>
> Does anyone know anything about differences in medication? They changed me
> from Levothyroxine to Levoxyl about 4 months ago, and I have been having a
> bit of trouble with atrial fibrillation (short periods of heart
> palpitations, racing, skipping, and arrythmia)since then.

Betsy, I was having problems with premature heart beats - that feeling
like your heart is turning over in your chest than squeezing down hard-
two or three years ago. My aunt had the same problem. We both found that
we can no longer tolerate caffeine. I was deferred once as a blood donor
because of arrythmia after having too much ice tea. For a year and a
half I avoided anything with caffeine (I am not so good about it now and
my heart will let me know). I did not even have decaf coffee because it
is not totally caffeine free and often in restaruants you may get
regular coffee by mistake. My doctor had me wear a heart monitor for 24
hours. She refered me to a cardiologist who put me on a beta blocker for
six months and things quieted down.

Barb