THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joel Kroon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 12:31:53 -0500
Hi,
   I am new to the list and I was wondering if anyone has experienced a
substantial weight gain and worsening of hypothyroid symptoms while
taking Synthroid.  My husband was told by his internist that "you don't
gain weight on Synthroid.  Some people try to use it as a diet pill."
Meanwhile, my husband continues to gain weight and show worse cognitive
symptoms, hair loss, and sluggishness even though his bloodwork is now
normal.  He is going to see an endocrinologist at the end of April.  Is
there another hormone replacement that might be better for him?

Thanks,
Sue