THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carolyn Baird <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 12:29:58 +1100
Dear Fractal,

>Thanks so much for answering my plea. I'm switching doctors because I cannot
>communicate with the one I have. I suspected he'd given me a placebo and I
>was trying to find out by taste. It tastes mildly sweet to me as well, looks
>legit, very low dose though. Anyhow, tis a long story and I'm really tired
>of the fight. Unfortunately, it's a two-pronged fight because I am also
>bipolar and it seems some people feel quite entitled to treat you like an
>idiot if you've a brain disorder. Anyhow, thank you again for takiing time
>to answer a newbie here.

I have a fair idea of what you're going through..... I am high-functioning
autistic.  It took me almost 40 years and two misdiagnoses that could have
cost me my life to make any doctor actual listen to what I was telling
them.  My current doctor is quite good, but he's nearing retirement so I'm
dreading the thought that in another few years I'll have to go doctor
hunting again.

Where are you located?  I'm in Glendale, near Newcastle.

Carolyn