THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
idelle port <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 09:18:56 PDT
Kirsten, I've been reading your posts...and I've been in the same
position...particularly the "pushing through the fatigue" part...I'm
going to email you some things that may be relevant to your problem...my
guess is that if you aren't perimenopausal, much of your thyroid problem
is low T3, possibly from peripheral tissue thyroid resistance...I have
the diagnosis of Hashi's since 1988, but was tested for about 3 years
before that because of being symptomatic of hypothyroidism....actually,
when diagnosed, my TSH was normal...but I had an exaggerated TRH
response test and elevated antithyroid antibodies...symptomatically, I
had yellow skin, weight gain, poor sleep that started abruptly, and
horizontal ridging of my thumbnails, plus tenderness at the base of my
throat and pain in the ear on that side...the muscle pain and stiffness
came 2 years later, starting with a frozen shoulder...I'm going to stop
here, but feel free to contact me...Idelle Port