THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Lynn J. Woodley" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 02:30:47 -0400
Alice ,  you write about follicular cancer.  I too had follicular cancer and
had it removed in 2 surgeries.  I had it removed in October and November of
1995.  Mine they said was brought on by pregnancy.  Something that is not
that uncommon but is not talked about.  Although I don't think they truly
know.

I had some x-rays taken as a child and had my tonsils and adnoids removed at
the age of 5 1/2.   This is something that I have heard could be a cause
also.

I am now 38 and so fall into the age group you are talking about.  I was born
in Minnesota and then moved to Montana at the age of 7.  And have eaten my
share of beef.  So I don't know if your theory on the feed of cattle could be
right.  ??

I am no scientist but it would be interesting to find out where this is all
coming from.

I will be watching to see what kind of information you find.

Lynn from Oregon