THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Tease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 05:48:35 -0400
I have been making a note for the last year of common reported side
effects of medications in the alt.support.newsgroup. I thought all of you
may be interested in what I have so far.
These are the symptoms people have reported repeatedly in the newsgroup
for the last year who use Synthroid. I have been keeping a record of them.
I have NOT recorded problems with other thyroid replacements although
there has been the odd one or two people who felt they were better on
Synthroid. Where people have mentioned symptoms I have written to
them and asked the brand.
I have to point out that I think Synthroid is T4 only so the problem may lie
with
this and not the fact it is a synthetic drug ( see your doctor) The other
thing is that these people may just be on the wrong dose for them personally
even though their doctor says different.

* Paluptations ( not sounding similar to hyperthyroid/skipping beats)

*eye twitches

* Itching/hives

* Dry eyes

* Reading problems.

* Low sex drive.

* Fatigue

* Dieting difficulty.

* Problems drinking alchohol

* And a very funny thing but has been mentioned several times is
sore knees/elbows.

* There have been some reported that they felt birth controll pills have
interacted in someway

* A few have mentioned hair loss

I am only giving you all my observations and the notes I have been keeping
over the last year, it's up to you all what you make of them. It also does
not
mean that there are not other side effects.

Carol